Mount Abu is one of the best tourist attractions in Rajasthan. The hill-station is amazing and is filled with abundance of natural beauty. People who wish to spend some time in the lap of Mother Nature; this is the place for all of them. Filled with numerous of natural wonders, Mount Abu is boasted with one of the amazing lake, The Nakki Lake.
Locally known as Nakki Jheel, this lake is a gem of Mount Abu. The lake is not only a hub a beautiful surrounding but is also the house of amazing rich history which is associated with it. If you are planning to visit Mount Abu in your next Rajasthan Tourism then do not forget to visit this amazing attraction of the city. Here are some things for everyone who is planning to travel to Nakki Lake in Mount Abu.
- Nakki Lake and Interesting Facts
- Things to Know About Nakki Lake
- Things to Do in Nakki Lake
- Travelling Tips to Nakki Lake
- Best Time to Visit Nakki Lake
- Nakki Lake Nearby Attractions
1. Nakki Lake and Interesting Facts
Legends of Nakki Lake – A prominent tourist attraction of Mount Abu, Nakki Lake is a place which is thousands of visitors every year. The place has an interesting story associated with this. Actually there are two legends by which we can get an idea about the christening of this shimmering lake. According to first legend, once there was a demon named Bashkali who was a huge enemy of Gods. According to the stories, the Gods to protect themselves from the demon king dug this lake from their nails and nails are called Nakh in Hindi. Thus this place has got its name Nakki from here. The second legend says that there was a king who once ordered that the person who digs a lake through ones nails will be able to marry the daughter of the king. Person named Rasiya Balam who loves King’s daughter completed the bait and thus the place got its name Nakki. According to the local legends Rasiya Balam and her beloved was considered as the incarnation of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
Mahatma Gandhi Last Rites – Very few people know about the last rites of Mahatma Gandhi. The ashes of Mahatma Gandhi were immersed in Nakki Lake on 12th February 1948. After that Gandhi Ghat was also built here in the honor of our Father of Nation.
Natural Surroundings Near Nakki Lake – The beauty of the lake is quite amazing and is surrounded by many natural wonders. The very famous Toad Rock is one of the famous tourist attractions in Rajasthan Tours in Mount Abu. This beautiful rock formation resembles with the toad which is about to jump in the lake. The lush green forest and waving trees just enhances the beauty of the place.
2. Things to Know About Nakki Lake
- Nakki Lake is the first known man-made lake in India. The place is situated at a height of 11000 meters in Mount Abu.
- The place holds an important position among the romantic couples where one can enjoy boating while watching the serene beauty of the lake.
- One can enjoy boat ride in Nakki Lake. It would take around 30 minutes to complete the tours.
- Travellers can enjoy numerous evening activities such as pony ride, kids ride for unforgettable family vacation.
3. Things To Do in Nakki Lake
Aqua Zorbing – It is one of the most famous activities which are quite famous among the kids. Family loves spending time doing Aqua Zorbing in Nakki Lake.
Cafes Near Nakki Lake – Being a popular tourist attraction, the place are filled with numerous of cafes and coffee shops where one can savor tea, coffee, ice creams and much more.
Boating and Strolling – The lake has got a significant place among the romantic couples therefore one can see couples taking a stroll beside the lake while enjoying the great view. People can also boating in the boats like Shikara, Pedalo and Gondola which one can avail in around INR 50 to INR 70.
Suggested Tour: 4 Nights 5 Days Simple Rajasthan Tour
4. Travelling Tips to Nakki Lake
People who travel to Mount Abu under Rajasthan Tour Package can consider these tips which might come handy for you –
- Mount Abu is a hill station and weather here normally remains cold, it is suggested to bring warm clothes with you.
- Try to bring some loose and comfortable clothes so that you may get comfortable while indulge in various activities near Nakki Lake.
- The natural beauty of this place is amazing we suggest you to bring your camera with you so that you don’t miss anything.
5. Best Time To Visit Nakki Lake
Though the weather of Mount Abu remains cool and pleasing throughout the year yet the best time to visit Mount Abu, Nakki Lake is in the month between November to April. It is the time when you can see the grandeur of this place at its peak. The timing of visiting the Nakki Lake is 9:30 am to 6:00 Pm.
6. Nakki Lake Nearby Attractions
Visiting Mount Abu and only strolling to Nakki Lake is so not done. Therefore we have brought to you the list of some other major attractions such as –
- Toad Rock
- Trevor’s Tank
- Achalgarh Fort
- Adhar Devi Temple
- Guru Shikhar Peak